Thursday, November 15, 2007

I've played with people I don't like, I've won with people I don't like...However I feel about a person it doesn't matter. We're trying to win."

As this post-game quote from coach Isiah Thomas shows, something is still very rotten in New Amsterdam. Steph was back on the floor last night in Los Angeles but is clearly not back on Isiah's Chrismtas card list. The Knicks lost last night to the LA Clippers thanks largely to the worst/unluckiest quarter of offensive play that I've ever seen. They missed 17 straight shots in the third quarter. They were outscored 22-9. They missed layups. They missed baby hooks. They missed three-points shot from the corner. They missed runners in the lane. Eventually they were also missing on desperate drives to the hoop. Randolph, noticeably off his game (and with a legitimate excuse for it), and Curry were the main culprits but over the course of that third quarter everyone in rotation chipped in. It was the second time all season that the team seemed to be all be on the same page since the fourth quarter against the Nuggets last week.

No comments: