Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Pre-Gaming: Knicks vs. Nets

The first, second and last question. Does Steph play? If he does, will the emotion be a springboard or an excuse. If he doesn't , will his absence be a springboard to success or an excuse for failure. All seem equally plausible. Well, failure seems slightly more plausible than success given the team we're dealing with here but you know what I mean. You can never tell how a player or a group of players will react to something like this.

Of course, like Joe Gibbs' Webberiffic second timeout at the and of the Redskins game on Sunday, the person most likely to blow this is Thomas.

On every level, from the selfish to the selfless, I hope that Marbury takes some time away from the team to be with hs family and deal with what just happened. I hope it refocuses him and gives the fans a bit more time to get over that West Coast disaster. Selflessly, I'm sure he could use the break. Selfishly, I would like to see what this team looks like without him for a week.

Of course, if he wants to trek through the Lincoln Tunnel to get out to the Meadowlands than I would let him play all 48 if that's what he wants to do.

No comments: