1) Redskins safety Sean Taylor passed away last night. That means that he died. He was/is 24 years old. He was shot in his Miami home with his fiancee and 18-month old daughter also in the house. This is just unfathomably sad. And it doesn't matter how people feel about Taylor or his style of play. He was 24. He just had a baby. He was about to get married. Sad. Sad. Sad.
2) Miami escapes victory in rain. Pittsburgh escapes expectation of beating Patriots with another lackluster game against another lesser team from the AFC East.
3) Ricky Williams is back. Then he got stomped on. I can only hope that the trainer didn't write any refills for that painkiller prescription.
4) At some point last night, the sporting media learned that the Yankees want to acquire Johan Santana. WHAT? OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. Oh, wait. I can believe it. Johan is the best pitcher on the Earth and is potentially in the prime of his prime. Of course, the Yankees want him. And would be capable of paying him. They print money. And for a change they have some young talent. But so do several other contenders. This is just beginning.
5) Wiz beat Mavs. Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison are picking up slack with Agent Zero out. It seems likely that this good karma is due to the fact they Wizards have decided to retire Earl "the Pearl" Monroe's #10. Well played, Wizards.
Open Playoff Thread: 5/21/13
4 hours ago