1. Shawn Marion. The Matrix has 20 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 1 block and 0 turnovers as the Suns beat the Lakers to take over first place in the Western Conference.
2. Marcus Camby. He's just awesome. A superior athlete who completely understands the game and his role in his team's game-plan, the Nuggets center had 24 rebounds, 11 blocked shots, 8 points, 2 assists and 1 steal in last night's win over the Jazz.
3. Mike Lowell. The MVP of this year's Fall Classic is flexing his new found clout by calling attention to the double-standard that baseball players are held to when it comes to performance enhancing drugs. Lowell, as yet never connected with any PEDs, remarked that NFL players like Rodney Harrison and Shawne Merriman have been busted and the fans and media haven't been nearly as hard on them as they have been on baseball players. In other MLB news, Commissioner Bud Selig has received a three-year contract extension.
4. Cleveland State. The Vikings of the Horizon league scored their first ever win over a Top 25 program, during the regular season, when they STUNNED No. 12 Butler last night. The Madness is coming...
5. Cleveland Cavaliers. Led by none other than Lebron James, the Cavs beat the Spurs last night for the fourth straight time in the regular season. Of course, the Spurs did beat the Cavs four straight in the FInals last year.
Benched: Kwame Brown. Michael Jordan's favorite reclamation project was booed lustily last night in Los Angeles thanks to seven turnovers and a missed dunk in 25 minutes of action. And, yeah, the Lakers aren't in first place anymore.
Report From The Besieged City
1 hour ago