Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Ferry Walks Into a Bar

So, I'm standing near the entrance to a bar near my place in Jersey CIty. I'm drinking a pint of whatever is the drink that's on special that night. And an abnormally tall white dude wearing a leather jacket and sporting some receding and thinning dark hair steps in alone and sort of looks around. And, I say, "who the f*%k invited Danny Ferry."

Thankfuly, it just so happened that I was standing next to one of the half dozen people in the New York Metropolitan Area that gets the joke. We laugh. And laugh. And then talk about (BIll Simmons podcast style) that we were some of the only people who would get the joke.

Honestly, I think it's some of my best work. And, the people that know me know that I think very highly of my comedic talents. Too highly. I'm pretty sure this epitomizes the you-had-to-be-there genre. In fact, it actually is a sub-genre of that genre. This may have been the first you-had-to-be-there-and-be-an-obsessive-compulsive-NBA-fan joke of all time.

No comments: