Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In Houston, We Still Have Problem

Unlike Monday's matinee loss to the Suns, there was no point in tonight's loss at the Houston Rockets when I felt like the Knicks were going to pull this one out. Perhaps this is some sort of belief bias from having attended the first loss in person whereas I watched this one on television. Or, perhaps, it's that old adage, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Just take a look at the first-quarter point totals from the Knicks' foes during the four-game losing streak:

Rockets 36
Suns 39
Kings 24
Jazz 31

Bad starts on the defensive end are giving way to early deficits that render most late runs useless. And, whether it's Beno Udrih or Kyle Lowry, their seems to be some opposing player exploiting matchups against the Knicks nightly. I could only assume that Mike Dunleavy would drop 50 on the 'bockers if they were in Indy tomorrow night.

No comments: