Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And So It Goes

Marbury and Knicks Reportedly Agree to Buyout

Our long national nightmare is over. And for that I am glad. Stephon Marbury and the Knicks have parted ways. And, Marbury is free to sign elsewhere and participate in the postseason with any new club.

Forgetting (for the time being) how we arrived here, I'm glad that this chapter in Knicks history ended this way. I know that many Knicks fans and New Yorkers wish that the organization kept him from playing elsewhere. But that never appealed to me. I don't think it was the right move for Walsh and D'Antoni as they look to open a new era in franchise history. And I don't think that Steph deserved it. The guy may be an undereducated and self-involved flake but he didn't deserve to be kept from playing basketball.

There will be more - too much more - to come on this later. Stay tuned. Or avoid this space.

No comments: